Wednesday, July 4, 2012

May I

May I kiss you
On your cheek?

May I love you
Something fierce?

May I find a world
So sublime in your eyes?

May I ache
When you are not near?

May I say hello
And never say goodbye?

May I dream of a world
Where we collide?

May I hold my breath
And dive deep under?

May I be the one
You whisper "Forever is never enough."?

May I take your hand
And rest it over my heart?

May I sleep in a cocoon
That is only ours?

May I slip away
Into tomorrow's arms
Only to find you waiting?

May I know your secrets,
The ones you aren't afraid to share?

May you protect me
From the ones to scary for my ears?

May I sprinkle "I love you's"
On your being?

May I ........
May I love....
May I love you?

The you that you are,
Not the one created
In my head.

Show me who you are,
So I can love you
Just the way you are.


This piece is just me writing without thinking, just letting the words flow.

1 comment:

MJ said...

This is good i felt every bit of it while i read...

 
;