Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Untitled


Wrapped in lace and tulle
And the most exquisite of silk,
I contemplated this next step,
This next stage of my life.

No longer is my life
Solely my own,
No longer will my decisions
Be left unchecked,
Unquestioned,
Unchallenged.

I will no longer be a leaf
Floating in the breeze of life,
Going here and there,
Without thought or consideration.

In a few hours,
I will be bound to another,
Tied to another with silken ties
That covered metal chains.
A little bit of my freedom
Traded in for a ring
And a promise.

And yet,
I walk willingly into my fate,
I embrace it open eyes,
An open mind and an open heart.

I shed my singular nature,
And as I wrapped myself
With lace and tulle
And the most exquisite of silk,
I embark on a new beginning,
A beginning with you.


No comments:

 
;