Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting

source
Waiting.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Grandpa Mosely sat
On the velvet armchair,
His favourite hat perched
On his head,
Waiting.

Bianca sat beside him,
On the matching love seat.
She was the mini bride,
Just as I was the mini bride
When Aunty Judy got married,
When I was the one
Waiting,
Waiting,
Waiting.

Charlotte had slipped off
The love seat, her right shoe
Sat to her left,
The shoe of my flower girl.
A flower girl becoming more
And more antsy as she
Waited.

In twenty minutes,
The waiting would have ended,
All the characters would
Fall effortlessly into their roles.
First Bianca as the mini bride,
Then Charlotte throwing petals
And then Grandpa Mosely
As he walks me down the aisle.

But till that moment,
They all wait for me,
To complete my transformation,
They wait for me
To become your bride.

No comments:

 
;