Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Break From Reality

source



This morning, I was looking through my posts of late and although I am proud of them technically they appear to be very sad, angry or dark. I had to take a moment and wonder if this was a reflection on my life. Was art reflecting life? Don't get me wrong, I haven't experienced any of the heart ache or abuse portrayed in my work but it makes me question why there was such a focus on that aspect of life.


I love my work, I've been writing for about 20 years and what you see on this blog is a result of that. Then I ask myself where do I go from here? Perhaps a book or three? I just finished the fifth installment of the Dark Warrior series and I'm ready to make a book out of it. I'm looking forward to that and two other books that have been chomping at the bit to become realities. More on those at another time.

I know I don't normally write random posts like this but I miss it. I guess it will mean the re-emergence of my other blog, Kimolisa Was Here. I think I got too caught up on the idea of "work" and getting paid that I forgot that part of the reason I keep these blogs is because I really like blogging. I like sharing my work and reading other people's work. I like finding interesting things online and sharing them. I like sharing my thoughts, they aren't perfect but their mine and these blogs may be the only things I leave behind. Oh, there I go, going dark again.

Then again, a few people have done well by exploring their dark sides, Tim Burton, audfaced. Why try to be what everyone expects or think is safe? Much food for thought.

Okay, now I'm ranting and rambling. LOL. Hope everyone is having a great weekend or will have a great week.

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

Nothing wrong with sharing your dark thoughts and writing about them. Most of mine are in the draft form. Blogging for me is fun when the community is engaging plus I am learning on the side ~

Wishing you a Happy weekend ~

Brian Miller said...

i hear you...i have a place i go to write my dark stuff...used to write there a bunch but abandoned it...though i would say i address the light and the shadow...it gives balance to life...

 
;