Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When A Woman Moans

Unfortunately, I will be off island when this event takes place but it doesn't hurt to promote it to the people who follow me on this blog and my friends on FaceBook. The name of the event is When A Woman Moans and it is put on by the same ladies who put on Expressions At The Pub, August Rush Productions. Below is the description of the event.

The women who brought you two years of Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues, are excited, thrilled and proud to bring you our OWN stories. When A Woman Moans is written by women living in Antigua about the women living in Antigua, and those who lost their lives to violence here in Antigua.

Come and laugh, remember, celebrate, slap a knee and get on bad, and feel free to shed a tear or two.

It is our hope that when you leave the show that night, you'll have greater appreciation for the women in your life, or yourself (if you are a woman reading this); and that you will find a way to make a stand against violence against women in Antigua and Barbuda.


There is a show on Friday, May 28, 2010 at 8:00pm and the next show is Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 8:00pm.

As I mentioned before I won't be there, but the topic has inspired to write a few pieces on the topic and I will be posting it as soon as I can. It all depends if I get near a computer to type out something. Let me also sat this time that some pieces may be a bit raw and if you are under 18 or are easily offended, I apologize in advance.

No comments:

 
;