Monday, February 9, 2009

Lover's Goodbye

I just broke up with someone last Friday and the funny thing is, I'm the one that feels bad and hurting. I know it is a relationship that won't go anywhere, but I feel a little confused, anxious, basically a cocktail of emotions.

I believe I'm good at pushing people away, but for some strange reason I can't push this person away. I'm hoping that this time around, I will succeed through inner strength to get through this breakup.

Anyway, below is a poem which after writing it gave me a moment of peace.

Lover's Goodbye

I love you,
Did you know that?
I probably told you
Once or twice.

You see the attraction
Grew in a nest
Of disdain;
And before I knew it,
Your presence overwhelmed me.
Don't worry,
I'm not the swooning type.

I think we're the type
Of people
Whose attraction is electric.
Kissing you,
Loving you,
Feeling you,
Our intensity too much
To keep us together.
Too much
To keep us apart.

I love you,
But I'm leaving you.
We're like oil and vinigar,
No matter how long
Or how much
You mix us
We still end up
Separating.

Do you love me?
I don't think so,
You never said so.
What you did say
Was that you promised yourself
Never to fall in love.

So I accept
This as my truth,
Your truth,
Our truth.
You will never love me,
I will always love you.

Our journey together
Has come to an end
And I hope the one
Who ends up with you
Loves you as much as
Or more than
I ever loved you.
Good journey.
Good Life.

Sometimes
Love is not enough.

No comments:

 
;