Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Diary of a Tired Black Man


I have a slight addiction to watching movies online, and I come across some gems that don't reach my island or are not really blockbusters. One such movie is Diary of a Tired Black Man. I wouldn't say it's a movie per se, more like a documentary. When I first clicked on the movie, I was thinking it was going to have a parody of sorts on Tyler Perry's Diary of a Mad Black Woman, what I came across was truth. Truth about us black women, truth about how black men perceive us and maybe the starting point for truly working out what one wants out of a relationship and what we want out of a partner. We all have feelings, sometimes our feelings blind us from seeing what the other person is feeling.

There are some very important points I gleaned from this movie, for example:

- Bag lady, leave your bags at the door of your new relationship. This is a new man, new experiences, the last thing you want to do is ruin it with drama from a past relationship.

- There are good men out their, yes you may have dated some crap men, but like anything else, it comes down to persistence, don't stop looking. Also, sometimes it comes down to the human mind and being open mentally and physically to something you want.

- Stop being angry, stop stressing everybody. There is a difference between being strong and being stifling and hegging.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Below are the links to the website.

This is the original clip:


Here are the links to the movie:
Diary of a Tired Black Man 1
Diary of a Tired Black Man 2

1 comment:

HBombVI said...

Glad you got the point of this short film. You'd be surprised how many women didn't catch it.

-Hector S.

 
;