Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Poet's Corner - Introduction


For a month now, I've been playing with the idea of posting a series of blog posts under the title of The Poet's Corner. I've always been a fan of Inside The Actors Studio, for one, but my main reason was I wanted to get to know the poets I've grown to know through their comments on this blog and when I visit their blogs. It's one thing to read a person's work, but it's always nice to peek behind the curtain and see who they really are. A little like in The Wizard of Oz.


Through these posts, I will be interviewing poets from the US, the Caribbean, Canada, the UK and hopefully further afield. I will be asking about their backgrounds, their work and their thoughts on poetry in general. I believe everyone has a story and I'm always drawn to listening/reading that story. It's a reminder that even though we are different in so many respects, we still have similarities, we all have hopes and fears and we all have moments and situations that make us vulnerable. There is a person behind the beautiful/funny/insightful/thought provoking poems and I want to share that person with you.

I will be honest, I was all set to get this started when I came across another blog that had posted an interview with a poet and I was intimidated. For one, I felt that if I started The Poet's Corner so soon after they did their post, I would be viewed as a copy cat. The crazy/funny/cool thing is the idea did not go away, it was one of those things I was meant to do, like this blog. I see this series going on for years to come.

So to those poets I've already reached out to, thank you for taking part. To those who I will be contacting, I hope you come on board. To those who are interested in taking part, visit The Poet's Corner page. And to one and all welcome to 

Interviews with poets

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i think its pretty cool...and its neat to get to know the writer behind the poems...working on mine this weekend...

Unknown said...

I can't wait! I love poetry ... and learning about the writer behind the pen is always cool :)

 
;