Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vulnerable

"I love you."

It broke the silence
Of my bedchamber
And like a sword,
It cut into my slumber.

My understanding bled
Out of the wound.
From those three words,
I understood that
He felt something
That we had never broached.
When it came to that thing,
We skirted around it
Like bullfighters
Around one bull.
I know at some point
We would have had
To attack it
But I didn't know
When.

When became a night
In my bedchamber
With him behind me
Lying on his back
And me on my side.

I dared not move,
I dared not let him know
That I heard him,
That I was present
During this moment
When he was most
Vulnerable.

I dared not move
Because in turn
I would have had
To be equally
Vulnerable and
I just wasn't ready.

Instead I slowly
Stitched gaping wound
In my slumber,
Tucking myself within.

Hoping upon hope
That one day,
One day soon
I would be
Strong enough to be
Vulnerable too.

1 comment:

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Wow - I admire the honesty in this scene. I felt it and have been there too. Perfectly written.

 
;