Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Love You, Too

I was awaken
By his breath
Against the back of my neck.

From a distance,
I heard the words,
"I love you."

The vibrations
Ran up and down my spine
Setting off synopsis.

My mind was set on fire,
My heart ran away from me,
My body desired him.

It was not the words,
"I love you,"
That garnered these reactions,
But their vibrations.

The vibrations spoke of
His intentions,
His state of mind,
His truth,
His reality.

They were not
Paper thin words uttered
Into the atmosphere
With hopes that I would hear them
And not put meaning to them.

They were not uttered
As he reached forward and
Grasped his big O, or
Released as a reply
To my declaration of love.

His words,
His vibrations
Were whispered
In the dead of night
When slumber and I were one.

I turned to reach for him,
To tell him that I loved him,
To show him that I loved him
But he was not there.
Then I remembered.

I remembered that
He had died.
He had died a year ago.
So I whispered,
"I love you, too."

No comments:

 
;