Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Invitation


Eric Aguilar Poetry Reading
Originally uploaded by paulinebalba

This morning, while I was at work I got a call on my cell. I didn't recognize the number and as I was preoccupied I didn't catch the lady's name who was speaking to me. A request was made to have me read a poem at an opening ceremony. Although the timing was dodgy, I said yes I would do it. So on Monday I will be reading or reciting a poem I still have to write. Holy crap I have to write a poem!! The topic should be about culture or unity. I'm picking unity, I have the bones of the poem in my head but I have to flesh it out and memorize it and practice it. Thank God I took that public speaking class.

The organizer of Poetry in Motion is performing as well so hopefully I can get the video from one of the poetry nights. Wish me luck, I've got a lot of work to do.

No comments:

 
;