Friday, April 3, 2009

Enjoying The View

The sand
Is the colour
Of file folders,
And I'm sweating
Like the day
The air con was on the fritz.
I don't care though
Because here is
Where I want to be.
Uncomfortably happy.

Sure,
I'm not getting the high salary
And my corporate car
Is an old Jeep
That every now and then
Decides he doesn't
Feel like working.
At least it's all mine.

Now
I can pay attention to my needs,
Like needing to take an hour
To figure out what I'm doing
With the rest of my life,
Needing to spend time
With those who are dear to me,
Needing happiness not toys.

As I stretched out
On the lawn chair
I nicked from the hotel
On the beach,
I don't regret
Leaving the rat race
To the others.
Instead I lay back
And enjoy the view
Of the life stretching
Ahead of me.

No comments:

 
;