Saturday, March 14, 2009

Source of Pure Joy


Twisting,
Turning,
Hitting the funny little button,
Found in the hearts of men
Sending a soulful vibe
Through all the limbs.

Electricity,
Touching each and every
Part of one's being.
Turn the music louder!
Let the whole vibe
Send you crazy.
Let it control you.

Who turned off the source?
The source of pure joy,
Damn, if only I could last
Long enough,
Long enough for it
To live in me again.

Now I'm an empty machine,
Thinking,
Being,
Understanding,
But never moving
In joy.


This poem is very old, so I'm not even sure if I understand it myself. I tried editing it, but I'm still not satisfied.

Just a little back story, when I was a kid, I enjoyed dancing. For some strange reason my body has the ability to interpret the beat. It was an option for a career, but I guess I wasn't encouraged in it and I also had a strong inclination to design. I guess design was more tangible, something that could have gone somewhere, plus I wasn't exposed to places where you could learn dance at the time. One thing for sure, when I have kids, I'm going to expose them to everything and when they choose something I will support them 150%. Even if they want to be the world's best mime.

No comments:

 
;