Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quentin Tarantino


Okay, you are probably thinking, "Whoa!! Wait wouldn't he be placed under the title film maker than screen icon?" Well, my answer to answer to that is "Well, it's my blog and I can put whoever, Muhahaha ha ha!!"

For me he is one of those people whose work I knew and enjoyed before I knew who he was. Then when I got to learn about him, I like him as well as his work. I think the film that put me in the class of Tarantino fans was Kill Bill Vol. 1. As I left the cinema in New York, I called my brother and left him a message saying I wanted the DVD of the movie when it came out. Well, I bought the DVD and it was stolen, and my sister got me another copy. So if you hitched your ride to the Tarantino caboose, you have to watch Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs. Both of them institutions in themselves.

Here is some info from Wikipedia on Quentin Tarantino:
Quentin Jerome Tarantino (born March 27, 1963) is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer and actor. He rose to fame in the early 1990s as an independent filmmaker whose films used nonlinear storylines and aestheticization of violence. His films include Reservoir Dogs (1992), Pulp Fiction (1994), Jackie Brown (1997), Kill Bill (Vol. 1 2003, Vol. 2 2004) and Death Proof (2007). His films have earned him Academy, BAFTA and Palme d'Or Awards and he has been nominated for Emmy and Grammy Awards. In 2007, Total Film named him the 12th greatest director of all-time.


And here are a few clips of his work:

This is the beginning of Kill Bill Vol. 1


Pulp Fiction


Reservoir Dogs


When I lived in New York, I would watch a BBC Sitcom called Couplings and they had a Reservoir Dogs scene


Inspiring quote of the day:
The process of enlightenment can only come from within.

No comments:

 
;