Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New York


The Big Apple, another name for New York,
One of the tri-states,
Home of the Mets and the Knicks
And the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State.

People around the world
Come to see the sights
Of New York City,
The city of lights.

On Broadway where great hits are shown
And enjoyed by the public.
Wall Street is exciting
If you know about bonds and stocks.

There are rough neighbourhoods,
Hand the suburbs other known as the burbs,
Which are a thief's dream,
That are full of expensive things.

But I like New York for the shopping
In Toys 'R' Us and Conways,
And window shopping is not so bad,
Looking in Sears and Macys.


This was my first poem, it was written the 4th of April 1993. Wow, that means I've been writing over 15 years. It kind of put things in perspective, don't worry I'll go into that on the other blog. You can already see I loved NYC for a long time.

No comments:

 
;