Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jungle of Thoughts


Complicated,
Confusing,
Overwhelming.
A jungle of ideas
In my mind,
Thick.

As soon as one
Is done with,
Another appears,
Just as dense,
Just as hard to pass.
Help me through this jungle.

At each side,
In each corner,
I'm trapped.
If only I could get out,
But I'm trapped
In my thoughts.

There I stay,
There I will be
Till you come,
Till you cut down
The jungle
And free me
From my thoughts.

But you never came,
Hours turned to days,
Days turned to weeks,
And before I knew it,
The years slipped by,
Like dew off a leaf.

You never came,
So I cut down that jungle.
Tree by tree,
Fern by fern,
Till I saw the light,
Till I saw he truth.

You could never save me,
As you were trapped
In your own jungle,
Waiting for someone
To free you,
Not knowing no one can
Free you,
You have to free yourself.


* The first part of the poem was written years ago, I can't even put a date to it. The last three verses I created just now. As I was reading the poem as I typed, it dawned on me that I was reaching out for help and that was what my poetry was about, an outlet for me. Now that I'm older I recognize that I'm the only one that can save myself and that is what the last three verses were about, freeing yourself. Yes it sounds new agey, but the mind is a wondrous thing and it capable of doing many things so use it, don't abuse it.
Free your mind and the rest will follow....
- En Vogue

No comments:

 
;