Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Bath


(pic: Bath 747)

I like it
When it's one notch
Lower than hot.

I would slip
One foot in
And wince,
But still the rest of me
Would follow.

Every muscle melting.
Every knot a distant memory
As water soothes
Every inch of my naked being.

The cinnamon candles
Burning in each corner
Of the small bathroom.
The radio set on the station
Playing soothing rhythms.

I let go.
I let go of every stress,
Every heartache,
Every drama,
Every thing.

I fall.
I fall into self reflection,
Dreams yet to be achieved,
Dreams ye to be dreamt.
I fall in love with me.
I fall into faith,
Hope and happiness.
I fall asleep.

When I awake,
The water is tepid,
The candles are
Dry pools of wax,
My soul is renewed.

I am whole again,
Those who have stripped
Me down
Can keep what they took,
I don't need it anyway.
It can be replaced.
It is replaced.
I am whole.

No comments:

 
;