Saturday, February 28, 2009

February wrap up

Gosh, I'm sorry, but this looks like it's going to be a long entry.

It's crazy how I've taken to blogging. I'll try to limit it to the most 2 postings a day. I watch this Vlogger, B.Scott, on YouTube on a regular basis and the last video was about being grateful about what you have. That really made me think, and I realized I have a lot to be grateful for. I mean things could be a whole lot worse, so here is a short list of what I'm grateful for:

1. I am grateful for life;
2. I am grateful that I have the use of all my faculties - being able to see, hear, walk, etc.;
3. I am grateful for the experiences I've had - living in New York City, Florence, Italy, going to Paris;
4. I am grateful for my regrets, so I learn not to add to them;
5. I am grateful for my family and friends;
6. I am grateful for the talents I have;
7. I am grateful that at last I am moving in the right direction, instead of standing still;

There are so much more for me to be grateful but I'm keeping this short, the list I mean, but tell me what you are grateful for, leave a short list in the comment.

As I was surfing the 'net (how dated is that statement), I came across this article on the Smitten blog. It is called, How Do (or Did) You Imagine Your Future Husband?, and once again I really thought about it, it always comes back as this shaggy haired writer with beautiful eyes, be they green or hazel. The type of eyes I would look into and see the future. Yes, I am a romantic and I'm being truthful.

Here is how I look at it, I'm expected to settle down with a strong black man who will support me and my endeavours. For so long I've been thinking of doing what is expected of me instead of what I want. Do you know what I've wanted of late? I want someone who shares some of my interests, including movies, travel, languages. I want to be able to freely argue in another language and make up passionately. I want independence, I want us to be free to move around and yet be grounded in each other. I want an anchor that won't weigh me down, but keeps me from drifting. I want a father for my children, not a sperm factory. I want someone who is strong emotionally, spiritually as well as physically. I want a Yin to my Yang. I want to reach a point with this person where I feel completely comfortable to be vulnerable and weak. I want him to look at me and feel absolute love. I want him to go the extra mile, as I will do the same. So if I find that all in the form of a shaggy haired guy with a runner's build, rock on.

So what is going on for me in March? Well, I'm going to keep on blogging. I just have to organize my flats and I will start sewing in March. I'm starting with T-shirts, then I go to harder things, till I am constructing the evening gowns. I'm nervous, but I'm going to take it one step at a time. Never give, never surrender.

Oh yeah, Universe can you hook me up with the guy.

Also, here is the B.Scott video:

1 comment:

Too Many Thoughts said...

How about one day a tall shaggy haired green eyed man with a runner's build will have the joy of meeting a tall slim creative black woman and if he is worthy will win her love? If he is really lucky then she will stand by his side through the rest of his life and gift him with the joy of children, a home to go to and a warm heart to live in.

I learned that if you write down your desires and look at them every day and live your life and dream your dreams as if it is all a reality then life has no other choice than to make it a reality. This may sound corny but they say God made man in his image. I can't help but believe when they say that they mean we have the wisdom to know right from wrong, the ability to love without reason and the power to create solid with only thoughts and words. So in other words we are not really destined to take life as it comes. We can shape it with desire alone. You can break your back for a life time and gain nothing. But when you decide it is true and it is yours and it is here than it will be. Strong faith moves mountains, hard work breaks backs. Doubt creates negativity and fear. Say what you want, believe it is yours and know you have it and it will there. Oh yeah and always know you are worthy and deserve everything you want and will have it. The things we are given are not simply gifts we were lucky to get, they are the direct results of our expectations.....good and bad. Wake up and expect only what you truly want. Love, joy, laughter and people to share it with.

Sorry for getting so wordy on your blog but I don't like to see a sister living like a leaf on a stream. I like to see her tall and firm, forcing the stream to go around her.

 
;