Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dear Grim Reaper


Do I greet you,
Dear Grim Reaper
With your implement in hand?

Do I offer you
A drink
As well as my life?

Do I explain
To you aplenty
Why I have beckoned you here?

Nay,
My dear,
Grim Reaper,
I apologize profusely,
I've wasted your time,
I've wasted your energy.
I bid you farewell
Till my final day,
No sooner,
No later.
Goodbye,
My dear friend.

I'll be honest with you since I was a child, I had a fascination with death. Halloween is still one of my favourite "holidays". What was different with me is I actually sat down and thought about it (I do a lot of thinking) and I was not content with the prospect of dying and living forever in this perfect heaven. What would I do, so I thought I would be better suited to be the Grim Reaper's assistant. Of course my thinking on life and death has changed over the years, but if I had to choose how to spend eternity, I would be the assistant.

No comments:

 
;