Monday, February 16, 2009

Love & Marriage

Today, there will be two posts, the other one will be the poem.

Now, yesterday, with the help of technology, I was able to have conversations with two friends based in NYC. Through email, one friend and I discussed Valentines Day and the awkward nature of it. In some relationships it tends to feel like an obligation and in others it is another opportunity to express one's love. Well, this conversation flowed into relationships, and a barrage of questions flooded my mind. But the one I asked was, if you are in a relationship and you don't feel compelled to go the extra mile for that person, should you stay?

You see, I have a logical side and an irrational, crazy, romantic side. The logical side would assess the situation and say dump the guy, you're wasting your time and his time. The romantic side says "What if you don't find someone better and you end up alone," or "He'll change or you will grow to live with it." When I look at it the logical side makes sense, but when you are in the thick of the relationship you can't grasp the sense. So I become cynical. Which brings me to my other friend.

She's getting married to a genuinely good guy (well she says he's a good guy). He's her best friend, he's a great lover (she says, of course I wouldn't know that) and he really loves her and she loves him. That's the universe for you, just when you think that love is an old concept, it gives you an example otherwise. I'm very happy for her. He's even going to ask for her hand in marriage. So cute and divine.

Perhaps I'm rambling, I tend to do that, but if you have any thoughts, weigh in.



Inspiring quote of the day:

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- Lao Tzu

1 comment:

Mayeshah said...

Tel your Irrational side that the only thing that changes is money!! I would love to tell other people that but then it would just be falling on deaf ears.

 
;