Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Have I Made It?

As I was going through my emails this morning, I came across a FaceBook message from someone I didn't know. Seeing it was in my Inbox and wasn't automatically kicked into my Spam box, I figured it was safe. I opened it and found this:
Dear (Kimolisa),


My name is XXXXX XXXXX, i am doing an assignment on poets. My teacher has given my group your name as a local poet i would please like to know more about you to complete my assignment.

yours respectfully,

XXXXX XXXXX.
Her name was removed as she is obviously a minor.

I was honestly blown away, more because I have yet to easily label myself as a Poet. Yes, I write poetry. Yes, I've done my share of poetry nights, open mics and I think I have a few pieces published in a newspaper. Yes, I'm 85% done in writing my first book of poetry. But do I see myself as a local poet and am recognized by others? Nope.

You know what though, I feel like I'm flattered by it and I know as time passes, I'll move on. I'll go back to writing my poetry, sewing my clothes and living. My poetry is my voice, when I couldn't vocalize how I felt, I could always express myself through my poems. Once again, I appreciate all my followers and I thank you for following.

XOXO

No comments:

 
;