Monday, April 12, 2010

Bright Smiling Faces


vi.sualize.us

I sit in my corner
Of the room
Where there is enough light
For me to see what I'm doing.

When I look out
Of my corner,
I see the bright lights
Of the smiling people.

They sit together
In the middle of the room.
Their faces twisted
Into ridiculous smiles.

At first, they smiled at everyone,
Until their faces held smiles always.
It soon came to be
That their faces stuck that way.

Smiling,
They smiled when they spoke good of you,
They smiled when they spoke bad of you.
Their smiles soon meant nothing.

Everyday,
I watched them
With their artificial smiles
Fearing what they meant now.

Today,
I turned away after a while,
Their smiles too bright
For me to look anymore,
The smiles of the smiling people.

*Yeah, I was a Daria fan.

No comments:

 
;