Friday, July 17, 2009

Fly

"Where would you fly?"
"Where would you fly
If you could sprout wings
And take off this very moment?"
Lover asked me
As we sat in the tamarind tree,
Legs dangling over
The brown earth.

I looked out
To the horizon,
Imagining all the things
Beyond the shores
Of our island.

I imagined
Drinking coffee
In a little cafe
In a small town
In Italy,
Watching the day
Melt into night,
My choice of drink
Morphing into a fine vino.

I imagined
Standing in a cavern
Overlooking hundreds
Of clay soldiers
Or was it terracotta.
They should be back now
After their world tour.

I imagined
Sitting in a 20th century vehicle
Watching a cheetah
Streak over the plains,
Almost flying
As it took down it's prey.

I looked at Lover
And asked if he woulf be
Flying with me.
He shook his head
And looked at the horizon.

I looked at the horizon.
"That's an easy question,
I would fly to you."

The corners of his lips
Curled up
And his hand found mine,
Fingers intertwined.
"I would fly to you, too."

No comments:

 
;