Monday, April 13, 2009

We were friends

When we were young,
We would sit
Under the tamarind tree
Upon the roots
Who grew tired
Of the earth
And wanted to see the sky.

We would talk
Of dreams,
Or our futures
Together and apart.
We did not know
That our paths
Would part
And only cross
Once or twice
In our lifetimes.

In that time
And space,
We were sisters,
Bound by friendship,
Bound by trust,
Bound by mutual appreciation.

In that time
And space,
We were friends.

*The last poetry night was on the theme of friendship, and I didn't have any poems on friendship so I wrote this. I also started one and composed one in my head. That night I started with The Poet's Call, went into the one composed in my head, Roots, this poem, then Daddy-o. The last one seems to be a favourite.

No comments:

 
;