Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pretty Boxes

Screenagers.
That's what we're called,
Our faces stuck to the screens
Of the pretty boxes
Which flash pictures.

Our minds,
Sponges,
Absorbing what is placed before us
On the pretty boxes
Which flash pictures.

Damn!!
I'm trapped in my oh so comfortable seat.
When will I be removed from it's comfort?
Why is this pretty box so damn addictive?
What will get me away
And drop this habit.

I think
I have to get up
And turn off the pretty box,
Leave it's room behind.

Oh, if it was so easy,
I must be determined.
I got up today
And turned off the pretty box,
But something stopped me.

I think I'll be successful tomorrow,
I just have to be somewhere,
I just have to do something,
I just have to be with someone,
Until then,
I sit before the pretty box,
Transfixed in my oh so comfortable chair
With snacks on hand,
Bathroom nearby,
Phone in good distance.

Oh look,
Here's the new music video
From Keith Kelly,
And he traps me.
Please save me from the box,
The pretty box.

No comments:

 
;