Friday, April 10, 2009

Poetry in motion

Well, last night was another session of Poetry in Motion at the Coast Nightclub and Restaurant. I did not make it the last time because to be honest, I was not feeling very strong and the topic was "Strength of a Woman". See my problem. Also the last poetry night I did I was not proud of it. I promised myself that I would do better the next night which was last night.

Well first the mike started to act up, first there was feedback and then it stopped. I was almost going to go without it when Vivian, my poetry buddy acted like a mike stand. Then there was the times I messed up the words to my own poems. In the end it came out pretty good. There were a couple guys in front that was always talking through people's sets and I heard people shushing them!! And at the end I recited Daddy-o, which garnered applause, at that time I was encouraged to hold the mike. I guess that poem is my signature poem.

Last night was filmed so I'm hoping to get a copy so I can put it up on the blog. I hope the have a still camera photographer so I can have some stills for the blog. Oh well, I might have to figure out something.

No comments:

 
;