Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Meeting

I saw you there,
As I chatted with
People I can't remember now.

Then we met,
Like friends not yet made,
We chatted.

The night was young
And so were we,
Under the eyes of
Angels and technicolour women
Chasing trees.

We parted company
As you spoke
To an artist who
Intrigued you.

But I never left you,
My mind, my spirit,
My eyes with you.

You sought me out
And this time we were
Friends chatting
The night away.

Our dreams,
Our philosophies,
Laid out
Like fine china
On a modern table.

I wanted to kiss you,
I wanted to......
I wanted to hold the second hand still,
But time marched on.

The night grew old,
As many things do,
And I had to go.

With my number
In your hand
I left.

But fate is cruel,
And we never met
Like that again.
Worst of all I never
Got to kiss you.

No comments:

 
;