Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do You Remember

Do you remember the day we met?
I was sitting on the edge
Of my own existence,
Waiting to plummet,
To fall away
Into the endless abyss
Of nothingness.

Sweetly,
You spoke to me
Of warm summer nights
With the sky
Filled with endless stars,
Promising me you would name one
After me.

Maria,
My name sounded like a blessing
When you said it.
I would seek you out
Just to hear you say it.
It didn't matter
If you said it quietly
Or loudly,
As long as you said it.

Soon, it was you
Who sat on the edge
Of your own existence.
This time your body
Pushing you over the edge.
I held your hand.
I stroked your cheek
And spoke of countless summer nights
With endless stars
Shining down on us,
As we kissed,
As we loved,
As we were.

After you were gone,
On warm summer nights,
I would take our kids out
And we would look at the stars.
Every time,
We would look for the star
We named after you,
Ramond, mi amor,
The one who lit up my life.

No comments:

 
;